Aims & Objects ( Extract from Memorandum of Assocation )
The Objects of the Association are to work for the amelioration, advancement and uplift of Men, Women, Boys & Girls in every sphere of life in Particular:
- To enable them to take their legitimate place in the progressive life of the nation without abandoning te distinctive genius and individuality of Indian me, women, boys & girls.
- To meet the urgent demand of Indian men, women, boys & girls of renascent India for knowledge, enlightenment and culture.
- To provide for general, academic , cultural, technical, industrial, vocational and other education, without distinction of caste, creed or class, serving the needs of the wealthy and indigent alike.
- To establish and maintain homes and provide residential accommodation and boarding for men, women, boys & girls receiving such educatin or training, without observing distinction of caste or creed provided however that food served shall only be vegetarian.
- To foster in home or hostel an atmosphere of friendliness and fellowship, to develop character and to bring into the life of everyone of the inmates a spirit of self- reliance and a sense of fulfillment of the ideas of love and service.
- To render necessary help and assistance to such as cannot afford to meet their expenses either in whole or in part.
- To open and maintain maternity homes, hospitals, foundling homes and allied institutions.
- To bring into existence a body of qualified sick nurses and midwives and teachers.
- To establish and conduct branches of Madras Seva Sadan as centres of training.
Crest of THE MADRAS SEVA SADAN " Sevaya DevaWha Premanthi Sri Vidhya Sakrthrihe Santhi" Translation of the Sanskrit Sloka By Service you become inmortal:
You get wealth , learning and power.
The out-stretched hands denote
- Top Left Abhayam (Shelter)
- Top Right Welcome
- Bottom Right Protection
- Bottom Left Dhanam (Giving)
- The Lotus Signifies Lakshmi.
- Garuda stands for our ancient scriptures- Dharma
- Over the head of the Gauda are seated Lord Vishnu
- with Sreedevi and Bhoodevi on either side
THE MADRAS SEVA SADAN)
(Activities at Various Locations) 'Shenstone Park', 13, Harrington Road, Chetput, Chennai - 600 031. Tel: 2836 3821
- The Madras Seva Sadan Higher Secondary School (Tel: 28365271)
- Industrial School
- Vocational & Rehabilitation Center
- Orphanage & Home for Destitute Women & Girls
- Working Women's Hostel
- Shanti Sadan ( Home for Senior Citizens)
- Lady Andal Venkatasubba Rao Matriculation
- Higher Secondary School ( Tel 28363404)
- ORCA Swimming Pool
- SIR MUTHA VENKATASUBBA RAO CONCERT HALL
- City Shandy
II. AT GANDHI ROAD, TAMBARAM (WEST)
- The Madras Seva Sadan Higher Secondary School
- Sir & Lady M. Venkatasubba Rao Matriculation Higher Secondary School
III. At "T. Nagar"
- SIR M. VENKATASUBBA RAO MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
- 57-B Thirumalai Pillai Road, T. Nagar, Chennai 600 017 (Tel : 28340489)
- The Madras Seva Sadan, T. Nagar Annexe
- 12A, New Giri Road, T. Nagar, Chennai 600 017